March 8, 2013

Friday's Things

*
*
It's that time of the week again:
Everyone's favourite day!
You can feel the excitement like a current running across the campus,
See it in the smiles of the students as they head to their final classes for the week.
"We've reached the weekend once again, and made it out alive!"
They seem to say.
And the gestures,
How everyone's hands are connected in some strange way to their hearts and souls,
Are wider, broader, more relaxed.
The silhouettes cut out against the sun-lit windows of the dining hall hold an easier pose.
Thank heaven it's Friday.
*
*
I'm constantly embarrassed by my unfailing ability to say "I'll work on that project in a few minutes, I'm just going to read a few pages of this book first," followed by my glancing at the clock soon after to find that an hour has passed.
I'm not embarrassed enough to change, though.
*turns page*
*
*
#nowplaying: Life's A Happy Song from The Muppets
"Life's a happy song
When there's someone by your side to sing along."
*
*
This verse has been running through my head, and becoming a bit of a theme.
I find it so easy to worry about the things that may or may not be in the future, and it encroaches on the joy of the present as well as keeps me from trusting the Lord.
*
I hope you all have the loveliest of Fridays!

1 comment:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Grace,

What a lovely photo of shoes there, and a fun list of Friday favorites. I especially noted the Fahrenheit 451 book, a fun one.

Thanks for joining my site "jenniferdougan.com" too, by the way. It's always fun to meet new people.

Nice to meet you,

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

P.S. I noticed that you spelled favourite the British way. Lovely! :) Have you lived overseas, or do you currently?