December 9, 2012

Things I Miss

I'm taking a break from my studying for finals
(Okay, I was knitting too, but I was also re-listening to a lecture!)
To reflect in Christmas-like glee over all of the things I've missed this semester.
I'm going to be home in a week,
And I'm anxiously awaiting it as only an over-tired,
First-semester
Freshman 
Can.

Thing One: My family
*
*
{Photo creds to Marissa Dickey}
I never thought I'd say this,
But I really miss these crazy kids.
(Yes, my mother is included in the term "kids".)

Thing Two: The happy couple.
*
*
{Photo creds to Ryan}
Two weeks until the wedding, 
And this is one maid-of-honour who can't wait to see her best friend tie the knot,
And make her happiness complete.

Thing Three: My job
I love my job, I love my coworkers, and I can't wait to get a few hours in with both over break.
*

*

Thing Four: My church
It will be good to be back with my home church again,
And to catch up with all of the lovely people therein. 
*
*

Thing Five: My Stash
*
 *
*
*
*
*
People, I don't think I can express in mere words the joy that a knitter,
Coming out of a near yarn-famine,
Feels upon being reunited with her fiber stash,
But the words "glorious" and "transcendent joy" come pretty close.
I may or may not end up sleeping with skeins of wool under my pillow.

Thing Six: My (not quite a collection of) shoes. 
Enough said.
*
 *
*
*
(For the record, these aren't my shoes, I only wish that they were.)

Thing Seven: Baking
*
 *
...And more baking....
*
*
...And more baking...
*
*
Then of course there's the usual list of things such as:
Hot tea (or cocoa) and knitting while watching Christmas films (or Planet Earth)
Sleeping In
Our Christmas tree, decked out in lights and semi-ancient, funky ornaments
Driving my 'lil white Ford Focus, Phil
Being reunited with Boise
Messenger and/or Pie Hole Pizza
Les Miserables and The Hobbit
And, y'know, spending Christmas and three-four weeks doing all of the above with a certain boy...
(I'm definitely introducing him to my shoes).
It's going to be a rather nerve-racking week to get through, 
But through the strength of God
(And not of myself)
I most certainly will. 
And in seven days I'll be sipping tea, 
Snuggled in my own blankets,
And gleefully plotting a bridal shower.
Lovely readers,
Merry Christmas,
And happy finals week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing, love it :) happy holidays
xo
janie