December 14, 2012

Positional Ambivalence

*
*
This is the part that I hate.
Finals finished
(And passed)
Bags packed,
Campus empty,
Dorms abandoned,
Semester (successfully) completed...
And now I wait.
I'm in a state of positional ambivalence:
Not quite all here,
And not quite home.
It's an indecisive longing that makes me curiously desire to have both at once.
I can't wait to be home,
But I don't want to leave.
This semester at school has been an amazing season of personal growth and learning,
And I am loathe to leave it behind.
But the comforts of home
-Family, friends, and my own bed-
 Beckon with so strong a pull I can't wait to embrace them all.
But until I do, 
I have to play the waiting game.
And it's a game I'll continue to play until I board that plane at 4:30 tomorrow
And truly begin my journey home.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."- Philippians 4:6
Patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

proud of you for finishing your first semester and for all you've accomplished :)
-janie