July 29, 2012

Boise Love

I discovered,
To my joy and relief,
That I had in fact uploaded a series of snaps I took one day with Brianne
Before my camera was stolen.
It was a few weeks ago, 
And we've repeated this sort of trip since,
But it never fails to be glorious amounts of fun.
Boise,
Through the eyes of a gypsy.
*
*
All our adventures include drinks at Java.
Coffee for her,
Tea for me.
*
*
The Boise Guest House.
Where Bri and Ryan will be staying for the first few days of their honeymoon this December.
*
*
It's probably one of the most charming things in Boise.
I have a thing for architecture and the details of older homes.
I find them lovely.
*
*
*
*
I can't get over the colour of this one.
I want an old singer sewing machine in this exact same shade.
*
*
These church doors resemble a surprised rabbit.
*
*
This is by far my favourite.
There's something about laying on one's back, staring up, to take a picture that makes one feel pretty legitimately clever and professional.
Even if one can claim neither of those traits.
*
*
We were very disappointed to discover that this was not, in fact, a library.
Instead, it's a law firm.
Very disappointing.
*
*
*
*
I have an affinity for red doors.
Especially red doors with brass knockers.
This is my idea of door perfection:
It looks like an apple kissed a peach and had a baby.
*

*
*
*
*
I love little scenes like this.
It's one of the reasons New York and I got along so well: 
The place is practically crawling with them.
*
*
At some point in time, the city of Boise commissioned to have willing artists use the electrical wiring boxes on the streets as canvases.
The results: a sort of street art exhibit of fun, quirky pieces.
Here are just a few of my favourites.
*
*
Gypsy feet.
(I recently caved and bought my first pair of coloured denim.
I slightly resemble an Otter Pop, 
But I like them too much to mind.)
*
*
One of the best perks is getting to explore with this kid, though.
She's the bees knees.
(A great feat indeed, seeing as bees technically don't even have knees.)
*
*
Heavens, how I'm going to miss her when she's married and in Wyoming!
I won't have anyone to share laughs at Java,
Walk to the Boise Co-op,
Sing Florence and the Machines and Regina Spektor in the car
(Harmonizing, of course),
And dash madly down forbidden alley-ways with.
This has been a Summer to remember,
And it's not over yet. 
* Mischievous Grin*

2 comments:

Brianne Danae Long said...

Love love love love love. x)

Amy said...

Don't know if you can claim "professional", yet, but you most definitely own "clever." And a host of other wonderful qualities! Love and miss you, Grace.