July 24, 2012

Bits and Pieces

I've never been much for jewelry.
Well, normal jewelry that is.
It wasn't until digging through my things the other day that I realized how quirky most of my pieces are.
*
*
Doctor Who earrings: a must have for any fan.
*
*
A sea-glass teapot
*
*
Personal favourite: fox ring.
*
*
*
 *
*
*
The compass on this one actually works! 
I like to create romanticized stories about its pointing in the direction of true love/hearts desire, etc. 
*
*
Of all the pocket watches I own, this whistle one is the definite favourite. 

*
*
*
*
*
Brianne got this one for me: it's based on a bit of an inside joke revolving around my uncanny likeness to the Character Mary Margaret Blanchard (Snow White) in Once Upon a Time.
*
*
As always...
And I'm currently coveting this one...
*
*
I would love to have a little spyglass necklace! 
Even better would be a tuning fork on a cord.
My sister 
(The madly musical opera one)
Wore a tuning fork necklace for several years.
I can't help but think that it would probably be the handiest piece of jewelry 
(Outside of a pocket watch)
One could wear.
Well, assuming the wearer has an interest in finding proper pitch, anyway.
Who else out there wears quirky jewelry? 
*

No comments: