June 17, 2012

Sunday Somethings

Oh dear.
I think I'm in love with my new blog design!
I asked Brianne 
(AKA "Petey", "Breezey", "Lady", or "Awesome-sauce")
If she could play around with the design, using her mad skills and knack for tasteful colour combinations and aesthetic juxtaposition, and she in turn surprised me with more than I could ever have asked for.
It was a pleasant surprise to open my blog today and discover how shiny-new and pretty it looked!
Today is composed of a lot of nothings that make up a small bit of somethings 
(But only when melted down, stirred together, and then baked at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on top.)
Today has been a good (albeit short) day so far.
Last night was spent with my soon-to-be Sister-In-Law, Sophie, addressing wedding invites and eating fondue.
(The term fondue being used loosely here: it was more like an episode of "Let's see how many different things we can dip in melted chocolate." Definitely a delicious game.)
Sunday is my favourite day of the week. 
The larger portion of it is spent in church, worshiping God and learning more about His word.
The other portion is spent in quiet, tranquil relaxation and reflection.
It is a day for books,
Prayer,
And  music. 
So, accordingly, here are some of my favourite lazy-day, starry-eyed reflection songs to muse by.
On a Sunday.
Much like today.
(Playlist.com is being a meanie and has stopped permitting playlist embedding, which means no more nifty auto plays on blogs and such: to hear the tunes you must follow the link.)
Here's to hoping you enjoy your Sunday,
Give a big 'ol hug to your earthly dad,
And give prayers of thanks and praise to your Heavenly One. 
*
*
Cheerio!

3 comments:

Nicole Elliott said...

I thought the design looked Breezy-ish when I opened it up--it looks amazing :D

Grace Doolittle said...

It is! And yet very me at the same time. How does that work!?
Anyway, she is talented, and I am blessed to count her as both a friend and a sister.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I really love the new design Grace :-)