June 23, 2012

Let's Make Nineteen A Good One

I like to think I've been given a second chance.
Not only at life, 
But at so much more.
Last year
-What is usually thought of by a graduate as their last Summer to be a kid-
Is something I only remember in small bits and pieces
With a giant hazy fog in between.
It's a series of puzzle pieces that simply do not connect.
Yet God is good, and I have one last Summer before I truly do march off to college.
One last Summer to do all the things I wish I could have last year.
I don't remember eighteen,
But so far I've striving to make nineteen a good one,
And,
So far,
It has been.
The highlight the past few months has been having Brianne home safely,
An event that has led to many outings and much fun.
There are few things more enjoyable than roaring 
(Well, as "roaring" as one can get in a little white Ford Focus named Phil)
Through town,
Windows down,
Singing raucously along with Regina Spektor, Mindy Gledhill, Temper Trap, and Passion Pit. 
Last week, whilst gypsying around Boise, we stumbled across a classic car show.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Brianne was especially fond of one vintage, red lorry, but was too afraid of smudging it's gloriously shiny coat to lean up against it and pose.
*
*
Favourite hangout: 
The Java.
"Wake Up and Live"
*
*
The inside is decorated in crazy collision of wrought-iron chandeliers, 
Andy Warhol Prints,
Comfy armchairs, wooden tables,
And this sweet retro bike.
That I might have to steal.
And paint bright turquoise. 
Might.
*
*
A sweet, coppery puppy we couldn't help but stop and pet.
*
*
We hit up the dollar theater and caught a viewing of Mirror Mirror.
Not the greatest film, but it has plenty of endearing qualities, among them being the seven dwarves, and an especially artistic scene involving giant evil marionettes.
And what better way to end the day than with pizza from Pie Hole?
*
*
Brianne decided it would be fun to nab the camera and take some candid shots.
*
*
So I returned the favor.
*Wink*
Isn't she purty?
*
*
*
*
I can't believe in a year from now she's going to be married and settled safely in Wyoming!
*
*
Aaaand then she tried to give a demonstration on how to take "eye shots."
I used to think that God couldn't decide whether to make my eyes brown or blue, so he chose a little of both.
*
*
I am absolutely ecstatic for the coming months.
I'm determined to make this a Summer to remember.

1 comment:

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Oh my. You are the loveliest gal! Your writing is so sweet, honest, and beautiful. Everything I love. Thank you for every single heart warming comment you leave on my blog. You are so wonderful- more than you can imagine. I hope 19 is wonderful for you. x