March 11, 2012

Someday

I live in wild world composed of so many "Somedays."
I often have to remind myself that too many Somedays make nothing but wasted Todays.
Yet I'm still caught up in my own dizzy dreaming.
It's days like today- warmer, yet overcast and sprinkled with rain and the occasional reappearing rainbow- that I find myself once again borne away on the tide of my imagination.
I have a jar much like this, full of the things I long to do, places I wish to go, prayers I hope are granted.
*
*
And they all begin with someday.
Someday, I will...
*
*
...Travel to all the places I long to visit, like the gypsy I am. 
France...
*
*
...Ireland...
*
*
...England...
*
*
...Italy...
*
*
...India, and these only to name but a few.

Someday, I will...
Spend a day doing nothing but painting clouds.
*
*
Someday, I will...
See a whole exhibition of Van Gogh paintings.
*
*
*
*
Someday, I will...
See a live performance conducted by Eric Whitacre 
(Have I mentioned that my uber-talented, opera-singing sister has met and performed in choir conducted by him?
As a side note, he is married, and is wife has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do... so don't even think about it).
*
*
Someday, I will...
Get Married (Or "Find someone who like silliness, tea, and hand-knit socks").
*
*
Someday, I will...
Live by the sea once again...
*
*
...In a house with many windows, the sound of the crashing surf mingling with the strains of Clair de Lune and Moonlight Sonata, 
Tea things in the cupboard,
Cat on the couch,
Dog on the floor,
Both sleeping in patches of sunlight.
Picnics on the beach,
A hand to hold, 
Devotionals shared with Beloved Father and Beloved Husband each morning,
Poetry aloud in the evenings:
Lightness and joy so intricately intertwined, you cannot tell where one ends and the other begins...
*
*
...Piano and voices, well loved and often used,
A good, old church visited more than once a week,
Friends sharing dinner,
Clouds to paint,
Songs to sing,
Someone to love and be loved by.
The biggest "Someday" of a rather lonely heart.
(As a side note on pianos, this piano photo shoot is absolutely stunning and brilliant!)
Someday, I will. 
Someday.
*
*






2 comments:

emii. said...

oh! love these words and all your Someday dreams!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Grace:

This blog may be my favorite so far. I am very familiar with "someday syndrome" :) as I suffer from it myself! There are so many place I want to go, things I want to do, etc. that I wonder "what am I waiting for"??? This makes me want to CARPE DIEM!! Great blog. Chase your dreams! You may very well inspire others to do the same. P.s. I just posted a new blog tonight as well if you wanna check it out later. I can't wait to read your next post!