February 17, 2012

Not-So-Fancy Friday


In the  midst of typing up today's Fancy Friday post, I realized something:
I do not really feel fancy at all.
At.
All.
Which would explain why said post was sounding, upon rereading, rather dull and tedious. 
Between a sore throat and emotional exhaustion, I've simply decided to throw the fancy thing out the window today (I can do that 'cause it's my blog. Oh, the power! *Rubs hands together maniacally*), and just post a series of photos of random, lovely things I happen to have a rather large folder of.
*
Not sure which I like more: the cute couple, or the cute, blue piano.
*
*
This quote is embarrassingly true of me, only I'm far from ever being able to play beautifully. 
All I really want to do is play Debussy and Yann Tiersen songs and be able to convey the same beauty and emotion I experience when I listen to them.
*
*
There's something so hauntingly beautiful about old pianos.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I find everything about this picture absolutely charming
*
*
I'm a pen-pal with several of my bloggers, and it's something I enjoy immensely. 
There's no feeling that can quite compare to the elation one experiences upon receiving a hand-written note int the mail from a friend.
*
*
Pardon me, but have I died and gone to heaven?
So many books.
*sigh*
*
*
*
*
Cherry blossoms are, and always will be, my favourite flower.
*
*
Have I ever mentioned how much I miss the sea?
I wish more than anything I could pack up my belongings and run back to the shore.
*
*
I'm not truly happy unless there's salt in the air and sand gathering in the corners of every room.
Living here in the desert of Idaho is like being a fish out of (ocean) water.
Perhaps some day God will lead me back there.
*
*
Today is a cozy socks and blanket kind of day.
And I actually have a pair of socks much like these that I've knit. 
*
*
Enough complaining, though: I'm off to listen to Rosi Thomas and do some knitting!

*
I hope the rest of you are in far better form than I am today, and that perhaps you can do something fancy on your own.
Cheerio!





5 comments:

Elisha(: said...

I LOVE <3

Brianne said...

The blue piano... sigh. Someday I will own it. In other news, I'm praying that you get much better MUCH quicker than is humanly possible. *HUGS*

Haley said...

Loved being your penpal while you were in NY!

Grace Nation said...

I love this 'not-so-fancy Friday' post! I can also identify with that piano quote, I just completed Debussy's "Clair de lune" and Yann Tiersens "Comptine d'un autre ete l'apres midi" If you like these composers you should really look up Yiruma - his songs are also hauntingly beautiful!
Hope your feeling 'fancy' soon!
~Grace~

Madison said...

I quite like the not-fancy post. I love simplicity and old things. They're so lovely. And you seem to have a never ending supply of lovely pictures of lovely, old things. It makes me so happy. :]