October 21, 2011

Success Tastes of Bacon and Eggs

*
Pinned Image
*
Today has already been full of so much: both accomplishment and activity.
My request for the final level was accepted (of course) as was my first meal pass- accompanied by one of my favorite staff members- and went so smoothly, not to mention utterly deliciously.
At this point, anything tastes better than the hospital food I get on a day-to-day basis, but there's something about a funky, classic, New York family-style diner that's both charming and a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.
The bar with the round, swivel stools.
Cooks visible through the window- paper bus-boy hats perched atop their heads, towels slung over their shoulders- busily flipping eggs, pancakes, and bacon.
Waitresses pouring orange juice, carrying meals out to the many tables and booths set up in the small space.
Customers sipping black coffee, enjoying plates of hash browns, English muffins, omelettes.
The radio- slightly fuzzy- in the background; the volume just high enough that you can hear the traffic report, listen to the latest news on the Wall Street protest.
It was all so picturesque, I wish more than anything I'd had the wherewithal to ask to bring my camera (at the risk of looking like a tourist).
Success tastes of a bacon, egg, and cheese on a kaiser roll, of a cantaloupe with cottage cheese, Tropicana orange juice, strong English breakfast tea.
I can't imagine my first pass going more splendiferously.
I didn't even think about the food, the fact that I was eating, besides to marvel at how wonderful it tasted.
Edifying and moving conversation with Edie about everything from the battle I'm fighting, to how wonderful the Lord is, to how much we both love cats.
Afterwards, a stroll around the block as we digest- taking the long way back to the unit- and enjoying the crispy, windy, Autumn, New York morning.
*
Pinned Image
*
God is good.
Today is going to be a good day indeed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.

Rachel said...

YES! oh, sweet Jesus, YES!

oh the prayers He answers with bacon and eggs. =)

Grace said...

Indeed!

Emily Rose said...

The diner sounds delish! I'm so happy for you Grace.:)

Cubette said...

it feels good to be free after you've been cooped up somewhere for a long time! glad you had fun.

Traci said...

God is good! So proud of you!

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Sometimes the atmosphere of the restauraunt is better and more anticipated than the food itself...hehe. You've depcited that perfectly here! xx