September 12, 2011

Busy Bee

It's early.
6:22 AM, to be exact.
And I'm already on a roll.
As I leave early tomorrow, I'm sitting at the kitchen table, prepping and already knee-deep in To-Dos before the day is done, the most current of which is checking in for tomorrow's flight.
I'm sipping on an Ensure- breakfast isn't for another half an hour, I suppose- and trying to manage time in the wisest way possible. This invariably includes a blog post; just as I can't imagine leaving home for an indefinable amount of time and not packing two bags full of stuff, I can't fathom leaving my blog for who-knows-how-long and not doing a last post, however scatter-brained it may be. 
I do have a last assignment and request of everyone, though.
I would like, love, adore it if you could all, in the lovely comment box, post your favorite verse reference or even verse that has to do with trusting God. It can be more than one, if you like, but I'm trying to compile a good list of trust verses before I head out, and as you have all been so supportive and wonderful this entire journey, it would mean so much to me if I could include some of your favorites as well.
They don't even have to have anything to do with directly trusting per say, either: whatever verses have and do, for whatever reason, help you to trust and encourage you in Christ you can post. 
I really look forward to seeing what you come up with!
I've still yet to call and ask about whether or not I'm allowed to blog: I have to wait a little while yet this morning before their clinic is open to phone calls, and the social worker I'm in contact with is in her office. I have an entire list approximately a mile or so long of questions I need to have answered before I can truly get the bulk of my packing completed. So far, everything has been tentatively placed in the bag, and my room is currently one big mess. 
Alrighty: I'm all checked in for my flight! It's now time to attack the breakfast beast (and, on a bigger scale, Vanity) and sink my teeth into the day as well. 
I look forward to seeing all of your verses, and I promise to come back later today and at the very least post my new address: I happen to be very fond of receiving and sending snail mail (Hint hint!). 
Cheery-eerio!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

get me thine address, woman! I must write thee whilest thou is away. i will be better at it, i promise, now that the show is nearly over and done with.

Isaiah 43:2-3: when you pass through the waters, I will be with you. and when you walk through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. and when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. for I am the LORD, your GOD, the Holy One of israel. your Savior.

Madison said...

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith. Who is it that has overcome the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" -John 5:4-5

"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge in Him." -Nahum 1:7

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." -Hebrews 4:15-16

Praying for you girly! :)

mamaforhim said...

My favorite trust verse is Philippians 4:6-7.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

so, the word Trust isn't in it, but it sure gets me to stop fussing about stuff!

Anonymous said...

This isn't exactly a 'trust verse.' But, it's gotten me through quite a few uncertain years. It's always on my wall over my computer.

"For I know the plans I have for you." declares the Lord. "Plans for you to PROSPER and NOT TO HARM YOU, plans to give you HOPE and A FUTURE. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will find you and bring you back from captivity."--Jeremiah 29:11-13

Most people only read the first verse of that section. But the end of it makes me bawl like a baby every time. He cares so much for you Grace. He will carry you in His arms and keep you safe. His plans for you are better than you can ever dream.

My heart aches for you and is so glad that you're getting help. You are loved--more deeply than you can possibly imagine.