August 8, 2011

Picking Up The Pieces

What do you do when the pieces fall apart all over again?
How are you supposed to motivate yourself to lean over and try and collect them for umpteenth time, when all you see at your feet are your failed efforts and spent energy, emotions all a-tangle?
When you've not only had a bad day, but a bad weekend?
When the road stretches ever onward, with no end to this dark tunnel in sight?
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."- Philippians 4:13
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"- Matthew 11:28
"And He said unto them, if any will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."-Luke 9:24
"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thy heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."-Psalm 31:24
When nothing is going right.
When you feel all alone.
You tip your head back,
Say a prayer,
Bend over,
Pick up the pieces,
And let God show you how to start all over again.
*
*
Here's to a new week and all the opportunity- both to fly and to fail- that it holds.
Please;
 Let's fly.

1 comment:

Emii said...

This post was so encouraging; thanks, Grace! And the picture is so beautiful. I love it. Very inspiring.. not to just give up, but keep hope.