August 30, 2011

Back To School

*
*
It's the first day back to school for my siblings.
This year is their first foray into the world of public schooling, after a lifetime of homeschooling. 
Needless to say, we're all a bit nervous.
But at the same time there is a delicious sense of excitement and anticipation in the air.
The tension is thick enough to be cut with a knife, but the blade needn't be a sharp one.
It's strange to watch my siblings head out the door, backpacks weighted down with books, arms swinging, and not to be experiencing such a beginning myself. It's my first year as a high school graduate, and, to be honest, I truly expected to at least be attending some college classes this year.
But God has had other plans, and I am more than delighted to pursue the paths He is going to lead me down, no matter how different from my own plans and wishes they me.
Where He wants me is where is best.
However, just because I'm not going back to school with my siblings doesn't mean I don't feel the same sense of expectation and excitement as they do; indeed, the same senses I have felt and savored each year.
I love the Fall, and I will admit to liking school as well: the two are tied together in mind, and I've always appreciated the charm of a scheduled day, an ordered way of daily life with the weekends being reserved for joyful dissipation.
*
*
To me, brown and gold leaves are paired with the leaves of lined paper I snap out of my binder to write on.
*
*
The smell of hot cereal in the mornings, apple pie baking in the afternoon, both mingle perfectly with that of freshly sharpened pencils and maybe an exploding science experiment or two.
*
*
In short, school is to Fall as Christmas is to Winter.
But this year is different.
I am looking behind me at the paths I yearly used to tread, and then ahead at the darkened one that lies before me: the unknown.
And I am more excited than I can express.
For the challenges, for the triumphs (For how can I do but triumph with the Lord on my side?), for the new experiences that lie ahead.
This Autumn has suddenly become so much more beautiful in that I can rewrite how I look at it. 
I can create a new experience.
New traditions for the years to come.
I can slow down and enjoy the scenery more than before.
Spend more time studying my Bible rather than textbooks.
I am excited indeed. 
When do the rest of you start school?
Are you facing your first year as a graduate as well?
Perhaps it's your last year in high school.
(Take my advice and just go with it: if you try to be clingy it will be miserable, but if you let it pass you by you will regret it. Savor the moments and the last times you will enjoy life this simply!)
I dearly wish I could have sent each of my siblings off with an apple for their teachers (I'm so old-fashioned!) and a piece of paper with these words of advice on them.
*
*
They'd better behave.
*Makes squinty eyes at siblings*
I hope you all enjoy your day, whether you have started school or are still enjoying the last days of Summer's freedom.
Cheerio!

27 comments:

Rachel said...

i'm finding myself missing school this year. it's so strange. i never thought i would be in this place, but i am truly wishing to be going back to school. i've been gone from three years now. it's so strange.

but yes, autumn is nearly upon us. and my delight is boundless.

Grace said...

Don't you miss having some structure to your day? Waking early to find it still dark and the crisp chill in the air as you sit down to do school? Autumn and learning are forever irrevocably tied in my mind.
I can't wait for Fall. It's Emily Dickinson reading weather. :)

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg where to buy diazepam in the usa - venta diazepam online

Anonymous said...

ambien pill ambien cr time to take effect - sleep aid ambien while breastfeeding

Anonymous said...

buy xanax no prescription does ordering xanax online work - took 2mg of xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs buy valium diazepam 10mg - safe buy diazepam online usa

Anonymous said...

ambien cheap seroquel ambien overdose - not now ambien walrus toothpaste dinner

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem zolpidem cost - zolpidem tartrate high

Anonymous said...

order ativan what do generic ativan look like - buy ativan online no prescription

Anonymous said...

how to buy xanax online legally took 2mg xanax - alprazolam 0 5 mg tabletten

Anonymous said...

xanax online generic xanax dava - xanax withdrawal vomiting

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription ativan dosage much - buy lorazepam online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

xanax generic generic xanax vs brand - xanax pills round

Anonymous said...

xanax online will xanax show up on a drug test for employment - xanax dental work dosage question

Anonymous said...

order ativan order ativan online canada - is ativan generic for xanax

Anonymous said...

soma pills can you buy tickets soma - carisoprodol typical dosage

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online legally ambien 93 74 - discount card for ambien cr

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online buy ambien online no rx - ambien overdose many mg

Anonymous said...

ambien online purchase ambien maximum dosage - ambien cr typical dosage

Anonymous said...

buy cheap valium buy valium online in the uk - buy valium in bali

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien jokes - ambien side effects of long term use

Anonymous said...

valium sale where to buy roche valium - kind drug valium

Anonymous said...

diazepam online postnatal depression valium - generic to valium

Anonymous said...

Me and ozzy fucked tougher, trying to show to my personal god!

FUCK YES!' ahead of cumming inside my warm pussy. were still fucking

Also visit my site: hcg injections

Anonymous said...

If yοu aгe gοing for mоst excellent contentѕ like me, οnly pay a visit this site every dаy as
it offers quality contents, thankѕ

Hеre is my homepage: diet programs comparisons

Anonymous said...

What і don't realize is if truth be told how you are not actually much more well-preferred than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You recognize thus significantly with regards to this topic, made me in my opinion imagine it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women are not involved until it's somethіng tо ԁo with
Girl gаga! Youг οωn ѕtuffs nice.
Alwayѕ caгe fοг it up!

Also vіѕit mу site :: hcg diet kits

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else еncοuntering problems with
the іmаges on thiѕ blog loadіng?
I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's thе blog.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Heгe is my wеb site :: hcg cream