July 9, 2011

Red Robins

Good evening, all, and happy Saturday!
How is your weekend so far? 
Mine has been relatively great, considering the fact that I've got this cutie (and his momma, my sister) keeping the "rest of us" (my remainder of my rather large family) company.
*
*
Aaand I look like a dork in that picture. 
Meh.
Anywho! We've been having skads and skads of fun so far. 
We've been to the park multiple times, and even went and visited mom at work today (I think she enjoyed being able to show off her grandson to her many co-workers). 
Although I had to work myself today, and Amy was running in a marathon, I think he was perfectly peachy at home, surrounded as he was by all his other young uncles and aunt. Everybody loves attention, and Baby Dave is so cute he seems to garner tons of it where'ere he goes.
For dinner tonight, we all piled into two separate cars and drove off to Red Robin (one of Amy's favorite restaurants). 
I had never been to Red Robin before, and I usually have an aversion to eating out, but tonight- in a brave turn of mind and a lighter sense of humor- I was game for anything, and willing to try food, even at a joint that advertises hamburgers and giant red birds in the same breath. 
Well let me start by saying that it certainly wasn't birdseed. 
The first and greatest of all the things they have to offer is known as a "freckled lemonade", which is essentially lemonade, something else (I couldn't identify the other liquid substance's taste, per se) and strawberries, all in this radically awesome glass. 
*
*
Dee-lish! 
We tend to be a noisy lot, but I think the general roar and hum of the restaurant was loud enough the entire time that we had to half-shout to hear each other. Don't think this is a complaint: it was rather nice eating at a restaurant the noise level of which is so similar to yours that you feel right at home being loud.
Of course, I took many pictures of Dave.
*
*
Getting a balloon would appear to be half the fun. Or it's hanging with Gramma.
Probably Gramma.
*
*
Perusing menu options. Tom was desperate to get something that included bacon, and was having trouble locating such an option that didn't, at the same time, include something "gross" (i.e. any form of veggie). 
*
*
Will being...Will. He can be so ridiculous: he doesn't seem to understand why it's not only silly to wear your sunglasses inside, but he seems to think it's the epitome of "cool" too. Sixteen year old boys. *sighs*
*
*
Mum and Amy. This picture makes me all smiley.
I'm so blessed with the family I've got, craziness, silliness, obnoxious-ness, and all.
*
*
*
*
Probably a decent majority of my brother Ben's time was spent entertaining Dave. 
*
*
They had these very spiffy carousel horses by the windows, so I seized the opportunity and snapped a shot of one. Sadly the lighting makes it impossible to see the horse and its colors, but I like the way the shot turned out.
*
*
All-in-all, it was a wonderful, very filling night. 
And gosh darn it, I have an adorable nephew!
*
*
More pictures to come soon!
Cheery-eerie-o!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

1. He is adorable. Like, you have the cutest nephew in the universe.

2. Red Robin is a Midwest staple! And that Freckled Lemonade...KICK BOOTY!!!! =)

Grace said...

I took one sip of that lemonade and all I could do was keep sucking the stuff down! IT WAS SO YOMMY!
And he's absolutely adorable. Everything from the way he jabbers to his dorky little dances. And I'm TOTALLY not biased, or anything. *wink*

Emily Rose said...

Aww, what a sweetie your nephew is! Looks like an awesome day!
BTW: I must get some of the lemonade - it looks divine!
xo
Emily