July 12, 2011

On How Much She Loves Visits & Hates Goodbyes

Wouldn't you know it, I was so busy having fun with my sister, nephew and family, that all those posts I warned about never occurred. 
We all spent lots of time having fun, and I was entirely preoccupied with our activities (Okay, okay, okay, so I did lots of knitting too, but it wouldn't have counted as "fun" without it!), that I didn't have the time to clutter up your blogger feed with my posts! 
It's a win-win situation here, folks!
Well I'm back now with some pictures from the past few days, most of which are of my simply adorable monkey-of-a-nephew, Dave.
Enjoy!
*
Teehee! He's already had it with my camera antics.
*
*
*
*
He spent a good deal of time in my room where, he quickly realized, I almost always have big band swing music playing on my computer (Big band swing music, you see, is especially fun to dance to. Especially if you're 2 years old). We were all grooving to Glen Miller. *nods*
*
*
Watching "The Fishies" (AKA Finding Nemo).
*
*
We went to Eagle Island State Park yesterday for a picnic and some swimming. What we assumed Dave would quickly lose interest in he actually heartily enjoyed, so we spent several hours splashing around and swatting flies and mosquitoes. 
*
*
*
 *
Due to living in Georgia and wearing this little swimming diaper so often, Dave is both a hilarious shade of dark brown, and has a laugh-inducing Euro-tan. At one point this week, in the midst of a diaper change, he got away from my older sister and ran streaking into my room to dance-naked- to whatever song happened to be playing. It was pretty funny.
*
 *
My lovely mother enjoying the sun (This was taken right before she announced that it was too hot, and proceeded to move her chair to the shade. So much for "enjoying the sun").
*
*
With all this fun stuff happening, it was even harder to say good bye this afternoon as Amy and Dave both departed for a visit to Washington. 
If there's one thing I really hate and am horrible at, it's good byes. 
I hate having to let go, and the knowing that- no matter how much or little time passes before I see that person again- things will be changed. They'll have grown, met new people, done new things, be slightly different, and we'll be that further apart. 
So today I'm trying not to think of it as having said "Goodbye", but instead "See you later". 
*sniffle*
I miss them already. 
For now, I'm going to nurse my sadness by going downstairs to prep-cook tonight's Caesar Chicken Casserole and investigate whether or not the refrigerator possesses the means for making a glass of lemonade (I'm trying to get rid of my supply of Stevia packets. Sh! Don't tell my nutritionist!). This may be followed by either a new knitting project or a heavy dose of reading. I already walked six miles today, four of which were in 100 degree heat. Bleh. 
(I am constantly looking for excuses and occasions to wear this hat.)
*
*
Cheerio!

4 comments:

Emily Rose said...

You look so stylish with that hat - well, you always look stylish! Your nephew is such a dear.:)

Rachel said...

You are the cutest thing in the universe. <3

~Kimberly~ said...

That hat is adorable, and I love the new haircut! Ah! It's sooo cute!
(Haha, yes, as you can see, I haven't taken a walk around your blog for a while).
Keep the the lovely blog. ;)
In Christ,
Kimberly

Grace said...

PSH! Rachel! BABY DAVE is the cutest thing in the universe! Obviously! (Thanks for the compliment anyways, and don't say I win a close second because we both know that spot is occupied by yourself. ;D )
It's alright, Kim- I'll be the first to admit that I do a deplorable job of keeping up with and commenting on others' blogs. *wince*