July 31, 2011

Drifting

In case you all ever wonder what I do on Sunday afternoons...
*
*
*
*
Three fun facts about Grace:
1. She loves Mason and Ball jars.
2. She loves DIYs that involve Mason and/or Ball jars.
3. She loves knitting and yarn.
Those three facts verify the following photo's awesomeness.
*
*
Hullo there, sir: I can has some of your yarns? 
*
*
*
*
*Happy Sigh*
Sundays are good days: not merely because it is a day to worship the Lord, spend time in fellowship with His people, and going to church, but also because it is a day of general rest. 
Which, for me, is interpreted as "A chance to do more knitting."
However, it's not all I've done today. I also finally bought something that I've wanted for a long, long time. 
*
*
Yes, an egg cup.
And no, mine is not like that: it's actually just plain, and white, and simple, and all things lovely.
I don't know why I've always loved the idea of eating my egg from a cup, soft-boiled and delicious.
Or just using it as a place to nestle my hard-boiled egg while working on it, or another portion of my breakfast.
Maybe it's because I love lovely things, and I am using beauty as a tactic to get me to eat.
Food can look so beautiful, it can smell beautiful, it can be presented beautifully...
I just need to get myself to believe that it can taste beautiful. 
That eating it won't make me...not...beautiful? 
Something like that.
Anyway, it's also a good excuse to make this pattern from my favorite knitting book...
*
*
(I couldn't find one of the shots from the book, which is a pity because the photos in the book are incredibly beautiful!) 
It's a sweater egg cozy! How spiffy is that?!
Anywho, I'm knitting merrily away, listening to a CraftSanity podcast.
How are you spending your Sunday afternoon?
Oh, thank you to all who commented yesterday with encouragement.
It was very uplifting, and I'm so thankful for all of you lovely people, and the way you point my eyes up to the Lord and away from myself. Although I still spend an absurd amount of time on the "myself" part.
*sigh*
Have a lovely Sunday, all!
Cheerio!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

1. Your obsession with yarn makes me happy.

2. Food is beautiful. You are more beautiful. Combining the two beautiful things makes more beauty. I pray every day for you. You'll beat this. I know you will. He's bigger, sweetheart...He conquered death and Hell. He can beat down this fear, I promise.

Theresa Rohrer said...

oooohhhh... soft boiled eggs are one of my all time favorite breakfasts! I love them with buttered toast cut into strips a.k.a. soldiers, with baked beans, a little hard cheese, a pot of English breakfast tea. Best Sunday breakfast ever!!!!
Enjoy!
T

Grace said...

I've never actually had a soft-boiled egg! Just the regular hard-boiled kind!!
And I think it would be perfect with some peanut-butter slathered, toasted black bread, and a cup of lavender earl grey tea (Poured from a tea pot that is then covered by the world's CUTEST cozy, which happened to have been created by your sister, Theresa!). *happy sigh*
I do love mornings.
And Rachael, I am so so SO thankful to you for your words of support, and the prayers! God is definitely the "Rock that is higher than I", and the only reason I've gotten through this so far without getting any worse.

Qui said...

Yarn, I love yarn. I'm a crocheter not a knitter though. :)

And boiled eggs...well they smell like boiled eggs. I'm more of a scrambled egg sandwich kind of gal.

Dresses for Dinner said...

I love those mason jars full of yarn!