June 6, 2011

Sweet Stuff

I'm so honored, this blustery day, to accept the Sweetie Award from Miss Lily of Snatched From the Wind! (*Insert wild applause here*) 
*

*
So, I shall answer the questions and go about picking some other real sweethearts out there who are probably far more deserving of this than I am. 

What's your favorite sweet thing to eat (or drink)? I think I'd be lying if I didn't say peanut butter. But peanut butter isn't really a sweet thing (well, the good kind isn't anyway). So I'd have to say the Peanut Butter milkshakes they served down the road at Shake N' Take Burgers is tied with Frozen Yogurt. Because I adore frozen yogurt. 

Have you ever dreamed that Candyland was a real place? Ah, I've never dreamed that, but I do think that sometimes this world feels like candyland. It's rare, and it's fleeting, but it happens none-the-less. And it is beautiful when it does. 

If there were a flavored brand of bubbles, what flavor would you get? Root beer or coconut. Probably root beer. 

Have you ever been kicked out of a bakery for smelling everything? No, but probably because I usually end up buying something, so it's not like I'm just loafing around and wasting their time completely. 

What's your favorite kind of tea? Oh wow. Toughie. Buuuut, I think it comes right down to Jasmine Phoenix Pearl (a really expensive oolong tea that is absolutely the definition of beauty). A close second, however, is rooibos spiced chai. I could live on that stuff. 

Strawberry or Red Velvet? Strawberry. Gimme fruit in a cake any day

Have you ever poured a jar of sprinkles in your mouth? Yes, many times, when I was younger. I believe the first time was on a dare from my (slightly) older brother, and discovered, upon swallowing, that I liked it. I grew out of that phase quickly, but I still remember what it felt like to "taste the rainbow" so to speak. 

Admit it: you've eaten icing straight out of the jar, haven't you? Actually...probably only once, and during the above "sprinkles phase". I think I quickly discovered that I preferred sprinkles. 

Have you ever drooled while watching a cooking show? Yes. But not because I want to eat the food, but because I want to make it. 

Alrighty, bloggeroos, it's time to award this sweetness on others. 
I'm in a bit of a tough spot because so many of the blogs I follow are all following each other, and have already had this (Let's face it, if you're sweet, you're sweet). 
So if you've already been awarded this, you don't need to answer it again. Just know that you're twice as nice, and super sweet. 
*ahemahem*
This award goes to:
1. Miss Indie of Miss Indie Designs. She's merely awesome-sauce itself.
2. Rachel from Dramatic Elegance- I'm rather certain I've never seen anyone arranger her words in so beautiful and impacting a way. Every time I leave her blog, I feel like I've left with more than I had when I first started reading. 
3.Sue-Sue's Stories- because I absolutely love this girl and her blog. I kind of wish we lived next door to each other and were best friends. Well, okay, so I feel that way about nearly all my blogger people, but still...
4. Sarah-Michelle of Radiant Joy- Every post is a blessing and a joy.
5. Kaley-Grace of Over The Rainbow- Because not only do I wish she were my friend and neighbor, I wish she was my sister too. 
6. Emily of Mist Of The Blossom Rain- I love her pictures, I love her posts, and I love her. Follow her. Now.
7. (Life Is Too Short Not To) Wear Red Shoes.  Pro'lly should have put her first. Since her blog is spectacular. 
8. Brianne from To Twirl A Mustache. Knowing her personally, she not only blogs sweet stuff, but she is sweet stuff. 
*
Hooray! Now, go pass this award on!
Some other highlights of yesterday and today are:
1. An amazing message. I honestly am going to have to ask for a recorded version. My pastor spoke a powerful sermon on encouragement and our absolute need for Christ. I do not remember the last time I was so moved by a message. I ended up grabbing my mother and standing up front, giving over my struggles to Christ, begging him to forgive me for trying to take them in my own strength, and asking for his instead. It was incredible. 
2. Lunch with friends. It was kind of impromptu, but we spent the afternoon at our friend's the Fetterly's (which is always fun) with our friends the Sterlings as well. There was much laughter and a rousing good time was had by all.
3. Honest T's Honestade. 
*
*
I could get in trouble drinking this, as it's a zero-calorie, filler-upper. But I don't care. I had my first one a week or so ago, and it's so yummy (sweetened with Stevia, not chemicals), and tastes so much like Summer should, that I've decided it's going to be my "rare treat". I ended up treating myself today. *wink wink*
4. Home made peanut butter cups. Yes. You heard right. I have been given a super-secret recipe for happiness. I don't usually like candy, and I particularly don't really care for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because it's so...sugary. Not very peanut buttery. But my good friend solved my predicament by giving me a recipe for home made peanut butter cups, so I was able to use my own peanut butter. I adjusted the sugar it called for so as to be a little less, and didn't put quite so much chocolate on top (what can I say, I like peanut butter!), but it's definitely got calories, and is yummy enough that I'd happily nom on them without being asked. So I think it's an even trade for that Honestade I had earlier. Although I did struggle with being able to enjoy something that I spent time to cook/make (I know, I'm crazy), it was still good. 
5. This book, which I picked up from the library today. 
*
*
I'm excited to start some of the amazing adorable patterns and projects in it. 
6. A blog party. Yes! I'm thinking about holding a blog party! In fact, I've nearly decided, I just need to work out the kinks. It'll be different from your everyday "answer-these-questions" and "post-these-pictures" kind of party. It's a little more hands-on and (I think) fun. So. Keep your eye-thingies peeled for that.
7. The Library's Summer Reading Program. Anyone who knows me knows I like to read. And knows that I'm unashamedly involved in the library, especially it's summer reading event. This being the last year I can participate, I've decided to go out with a bang, and am going to sign up to help with what I can, make it to events, and read until my eyeballs pop out and roll across the floor. Since June first I've already read the required first six hours, plus a recorded six more. I know I've done more reading today and in between that I didn't count, but I'm kind of embarrassed to find out how much time I've actually spent on books and not on others, so I think I'd better slow down. As it is, I've gotten Brian Jacques latest (and last *sob!*) novel, as well as Joan Bauer's latest as well. I just need to finish the Avi book I picked up for nostalgia's sake, and then I can set upon these with a vengeance. 
8. Dinner tonight. I'm taking my momma out for dinner. With my graduation and all the money I got, I thought it was only proper to use some of it on my mom, who is the person who really deserves the acknowledgment here. Graduating is nothing. Being the person responsible for it is everything.  My mom deserves so much more than a dinner out, but I hope she enjoys it none-the-less. I'm so blessed to have her. 
Hope you're all having a fabulous day, and better weather than I am having. 
It won't stop raining! WHERE'S SUMMER!?
Sorry.
Cheerio!



10 comments:

Emily Rose said...

Thank you, Grace!

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for this sweet award, and your lovely words! I am gonna write a post for it right now! <3

Mary said...

Awww...thanks for the award, dear:) I wish we lived next door to eachother, too! You'd probably get tired of me and my crazy family (*ahem* Crouton especially), though;) haha!
Thanks again, your super-sweet<3

Rachel said...

Guess what? You got The Sweetheart Award too! :p Love you, gorgeous!

http://dramaticelegance.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweetheart.html

Lily said...

haha, oh what fun. (: you are SUCH a sweetheart, m'dear!!!

love you always,
~Lily

Grace said...

Aww! Thank you Rachel! You're absolutely sweeter!
Mary, I don't know: I'm renowned for my eccentricity and craziness too...and I have four "Croutons" myself. And they're all probably crunchier. (Did that make ANY sense?!)

Theresa Rohrer said...

You should definitely host a blog party! It would be such fun! You can count me in!
T

Grace said...

Hooraysies! A blog party there shall be! *throws confetti* *starts plotting*

Marinela said...

Beautiful post, thanks for sharing with us!
Poverty Poems

Kaley Grace said...

Thank you SO stinkin' much, Grace dear!!! :)

Aaand, a blog party sounds fab! And that book looks SO fun! :)