June 11, 2011

Blog Party Day Two: A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words...

Hiya bloggers!
Welcome to day two of the All Things Bright And Beautiful blog party!
I loved reading Katy's, Rachel's, and Mrs. Baker's blog posts! I love your goals for this Summer!
I've already been trying to get a chunk out of mine. 
Today, I did something very new, kind of scary, and unexpected. 
I'm going to save until tomorrow exactly what it was I did, because I want to surprise everyone, but I'm excited. 
Day two of my blog party is a photo post! 
Look through your albums!
Rifle through those snapshots!
I want everyone to do an entire picture post of what Summer looks like to you.
It can be a car, it can be long grass, it can be a picture of people jumping in a pool. 
Use your own images or use ones you didn't take (Thanks, weheartit.com!!)
If you see a picture that just says "Summer" to you; post it. 
Here's mine. 
*
These two pictures scream Summer to me
I tell ya, pink lemonade and Starbucks green tea frappucinos (with a pump or two of raspberry syrup!) are just the essence of Summer to me! I associate them with the sunny months, and never have either between the months of September and April.
*
 *
*
*

Summer means reading time.
*
*
Reading inside...
*
*
...Reading outside.
*
*
Reading in bed...
*
...Reading in the library.
*
*
Read read read.
There's just something about the warmth and the lackadaisical pace that makes me want to pull out every book in the world, and curl up in their pages. Especially poetry. I read more poetry during the Summer than is reasonably healthy.  
*
*

I love these two pictures of grass. 
To me, there's something about just laying in the grass with a view much like these- the long, cool blades tickling your skin, the hum and buzz of small insects close to your ear, the sweet smell of earth- that is so Summer-like.
*
*
*
*

Sunglasses. Sunglasses = Summer.
*
*

My favorite place on earth- Sardine Lake- and the buttes, ready to be hiked. It's not Summer to me until I'm looking at this view in real life. 
*
*

Pictures of my gnome, Hugo, and the places we've been. Because we really only "go places" during the Summer.
*
*

This is the perfect example of an Idaho Summer thunder storm. They come out of nowhere and are frightening in their ferocity.
*
*

This looks like my Summer morning walks. Of course, I'm meandering through the suburbs, but this: this is what I dream of wandering through. Wouldn't you just love to stroll in between trees in the wee hours of the morning? Instead, I stroll in between houses.
*
*

This is what the world looks like on a Summer morning. All bright and beautiful, with birds singing from every tree.
*
*
Alrighty, I'm pressed for time tonight, so I hop you'll forgive the briefness and hurried tone of my post. 
I'll be back tomorrow to check up on you all, and to make another post! 
Much love to you all (and don't forget to link up!)
Cheerio!
*
*

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

What a neat blog! I love your design!
I just wanted to let everyone know about my new blog. www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com
It mainly has crafts, but also some inspirational stories and book/movie reviews. I would be honored if you would check it out and consider becoming a follower! Thanks and keep up the great work.