May 19, 2011

Rings N' Things

Good morning, bloggers!
I'm up early after a great morning devotion 
(and a breakfast of hot tea, cereal, cold milk, and fresh strawberries: the key to happiness, I tell ya!)
and ecstatic to to discover that it is indeed sunny again, I have completed high school, and...
I'm kind of bored. 
Not really.
I've already found a list of things to do to keep me busy: knitting, reading, cleaning house, making my mum smile, baking, shenanigans, walking, blogging, and work are at the top of the list. 
However, I have great things to look forward to for the rest of the week.
Today: work and hopefully browsing through the Meridian Urban Market this evening.
Tomorrow: Finally seeing the nutritionist- the next step in figuring out why I'm vanishing before my eyes and not working properly- to continue the elimination process, talk about what I'm putting in my mouth, and draw more blood (goody goody). 
Saturday: A morning of work followed by...
My (almost) sister's wedding! 
*throws confetti* 
My good friend Rachael- practically a sister- is being wedded to her One True Love on Saturday, at 2:00, and I am so excited to be able to attend. I love weddings, and have felt particularly sad about them of late because I had to miss a good friend's just a few weeks ago (place tickets are currently outside the college-savings budget). I almost had to miss Rachael's, but I was able to get my coworker to cover for me Saturday afternoon. Here are some Ben and Rachael's engagement pictures. 
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
*
It's pretty safe to assume they are one of the cutest couples every. Rachael is one of the sweetest people I know, and more than deserves the happiness that comes from wedded bliss. Ben however (that goof-ball), I'm not so sure about. I'll have to wait and decide if he deserves her. *winky-wink*
*sigh*
Don't you just adore weddings?
I can't imagine a happier occasion than that of a marriage. 
I find whimsical and unique weddings the most delightful. 
For instance, my friend Elizabeth (whose wedding I had to miss) had a complete DIY wedding: and it was probably the most elegantly simple and green-chic wedding I've ever seen. She used pages from old books to create these beautiful rosettes, did the garter herself out of hemp macram√©, placed mini artichokes at the table settings, and bought a beautiful handmade wedding dress on Etsy, to name just a few things. I really wish I could have been there for it, but the seeing the pictures made it a little better.
Still, I'm absolutely utterly excited to be going to Rachael's wedding! 
I'm given to understand that the bridesmaids will be carrying wind-chimes instead of flowers- an idea I find absolutely charming, and very "Rachael".
(Just so you know, Rachael is one of the most talented artists, and crafty/imaginative people I know of.)
So, I will charge the camera, and snap plenty of pictures. In the meantime, I need to figure out what I want to wear, and go do some laundry.
Have you ever been to a wedding that had some great unique touches? 
What's your favorite wedding memory? 
(I would have to say the wedding I attended last July tops all- the ceremony was beautiful, and the reception fantastic. The dancing was so much fun!)
Cheerio, all my bloggity-bloggers!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so excited about Rachael's wedding too! :-D

How did I not know about Meridian Urban Market?! I could walk there in just a few minutes (not tonight, though, as there is a going-away party I need to attend).

Personally, I have found my wedding to be the most enjoyable to attend. :-D

mamaforhim said...

There will plenty of children at the wedding!
The more the better!
We are looking forward to it!!

Emily Rose said...

They do make an adorable couple! I think my favorite part of weddings is seeing what the bride's dress looks like.:D

Grace said...

It's going to be so beautiful!! I hear the weather is going to be good as well, so it should go off without a cinch.
I think my favorite part is seeing the groom's face when the bride enters, and that moment the bride and groom hold hands for the first time as husband and wife, and turn to the audience: their faces are always glowing and the picture of joy.

Heather said...

I DO love weddings! i don't understand how anyone can't love them, they are so beautiful, and represent everything great in this world!

-Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com