May 14, 2011

Oh, The Rhythm Of Life.

Baaaah humbug. 
I've had a crazy good/crazy low/crazy confusing/crazy crazy day, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
Which may or may not be a good thing...
It has nothing to do with work- I had a great day at work.
It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm trying too hard to be a control freak- be it over the weather, over my job, over situations and happenings at home, or over my siblings- that I'm simply exhausted and fed up with my failure to control things. I really need to keep two things in mind, here: A.)God ought to be-and always is- in control, so give him the reigns and B.) you're not really in charge or control of your siblings and the way the house is run- the 'rents are.
By the way, I'm not the only person with stubborn siblings, am I?
And I'm not the only one who can try to be controlling and too holier-than-thou just because I'm older than them, am I?
Because if I am, then I feel even more silly and ridiculous than I have all day.
It's strange- I'm not usually such a controller and not ever this frazzled and miffed, but today I'm all of the above and worse.
So bah humbug.
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TO GET A GRIP?!
In other news...
I've finally located the camera and have gotten around to taking snap-shots of that cardigan I was telling you all about. I think I've finished it, although I haven't quite decided. I could either leave it how it is, or add a button band to the front and make it look a little more clean-cut and finished. If I do add a button band, then it will be too big for me and unflattering, and I'll end up giving it away to the first person who admires it (per usual. I'm like this with the things I make. I'll love my creation until somebody else comes along and loves it too, after which I then proceed to pass it on to said person. The lesson here being be careful about the things you admire or how much you exaggerate your admiration, because you just might end up with the object of your gushing praise). As it is, I kind of like the unfinished look going on here. 

*
*
*insert brief moment of extreme pride over cables here*
*
*
*
*
My camera keeps having issues, so the focus, detail, and amount of zoom was and is low-grade and limited.
*
*
A little better shot here- I'm just now realizing how dumpy I look in these photos. Unflattering. 
*
*
Sleeve close up. They are actually a little more "puffed" than seen in these photos- reminiscent of Anne of Green Gables/Victorian era blouses.  
*
*
Let me now add the fact that I only followed a pattern for the main body of the cardigan. (*insert more pride here*) All the details- sleeve work, cables, cut- were added by moi. 
*
 *
Am I the only knitter out there who gets really absurdly excited over cables? I love cables! I love to knit them, I love to look at them, I just love 'em. I love 'em so much I'm almost hyperventilating (thinking about knitting does that to me).
*
*
And there we have it.
You all have been absurdly patient for me as I've been in and out of the blogging sphere lately, but I think I'm finally going to hop back in and be blogging in earnest again, just as I love to do, and to follow other blogs and comment more faithfully. I've been out of the loop for too long.
Cheerio!

4 comments:

Emily Rose said...

Oh my gosh! (excuse the gushing) That sweeter is incredible. Period.
You are extremely talented!

Mary said...

Oh wow!!! You made that???? Beautiful! You, are indeed, veryyy talented! Love it!

Theresa Rohrer said...

Your sweater turned out fantastic! You have quite the talent for knitting! Great job!

Grace said...

Eeps! Thank you ladies so much for your compliments. It really was a simple cardigan, it just *looks* fancy (an added plus!).
I love me some knitting. *said as she voraciously purls away at her latest project.*