May 23, 2011

The Fray

Today 
has been a struggle.
I've been up since 5:45 AM to grocery shop, drive around town, and make mischief. But in the back of my mind I've felt like I've had a whole herd of small gerbils with sharp teeth nibbling away at my nerves, ripping out the hems, destroying the lining;
fraying fraying fraying. 
I walked around for a while, and got home to find the house as chaotic and noisy as (or could it possibly be more so?) than usual. 
Fraying fraying fraying.
Drove up to Hobby Lobby with my mother and poked through the newly marked down clearance items, which included the cupcake themed decor and goodies that I fell in love with back in March. I was able to score some of my favorite things at a phenomenal price (pictures will be posted later), and I can't wait to get them all set up and arranged. 
Walked home and was dive-bombed by small blackbirds on a couple of occasions. Not going into the whole back story that is the basis for my fear of larger birds of prey, but that fear might now include little birds too. Birds really shouldn't nest right by a public-used sidewalk that borders a busy street and then attack anyone who is walking innocently by. Maybe they just enjoy driving teenage girls into oncoming traffic as they dive-bomb and otherwise threaten with their sharp beaks and claws. I think I nearly had a heart attack.
Fraying fraying fraying. 
All I really want to do is sit down with a cup of tea and knit for a few hours. 
But I can't!
Of all the new rules and regulations that I'm to follow, Vanity is the one almost always being thwarted. But this tea restriction is the one thing that Prudence (my non-evil half) has felt the deprivation of as well.
I've gone from drinking about a gallon of tea a day, to only being allowed to have it with meals. 
And oh boy, do I miss it! 
I feel like I'm drying up! 
Tea withdrawal!
Don't you just want to dive into these pictures? 
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
*
 *
To be honest, I care less about diving into the pictures as I do jumping back out again with the liquid beverages being served therein. 
*sigh*
So after manically cleaning and scrubbing portions of the house in an effort to relieve my tea-deprived mind, I finally decided that I couldn't take it anymore.
"Lovely-Lady-Nutritionist can go sit on a tack!" thought I.
So I went downstairs, took the smallest mug I could manage (about 10 oz.) and brewed myself a wonderful cup of decaf green mint tea.
So you see? I followed the rules (kinda)- I drank a smaller amount so it wouldn't fill me up, and I made sure it was decaf as well, that way Vanity can't win by making me think I've got more in me than I actually have. 
And oh heavens to Murgatroyd, did it feel so gooood.
In that bit of tea and few moments knitting, I've regained some ground.
But what really did the trick was this verse:
"Casting all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you."- I Peter 5:7
That verse has already brought me so much peace these last few days. 
And I cling to His promise that He will continue to give me peace always, so long as I walk in Him and with Him.
So Vanity can go sit on a tack (I'm removing that sentence from Lovely-Lady-Nutritionist and placing on the true culprit here- my own mind).
...
Also, is this picture not absolutely adorable?!
*
*
I want one!

4 comments:

Lily said...

oh my, I can't imagine not being able to have tea whenever I wish!!!! I'll keep praying, and maybe soon you'll be back to your normal amount of the delicious liquid. (:

love always,
~Lily

Grace said...

It's so frustrating!!!!
Buuut, I'd rather be alive and healthy than a stick-person with all the tea in the world. Thank you so so so much for your prayers, lady: they really do mean a lot. Anything in particular you want *me* to pray about for *you*? :D

Emily Rose said...

Mmm, I could go for a nice cup of ice tea. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Rachel said...

This is my FAVORITE post that I've read this week!!! You are dynamite and beautiful, sweet girl! You have a new follower, a new fan, and hopefully a new friend. <3

Also, prayers abound for you.