May 13, 2011

All Things Bright And Beautiful

I will say that I find it ironic that the one time I really want to write a random post is the one time that Blogger decides to go down for many hours and make my writer's itch...itchier.
Or worse- drive it away completely.
As it is, life is made up of these ironies, no? So I'm content to have my blog back for now, and I will try to retrace my thoughts of random and post accordingly.
Starting with late last night (and I mean late. Accidentally drank some of the caffeinated coffee at work late last evening, so I arrived home exhausted but not tired) which led to rambling through www.weheartit.com.
Let me interrupt my not-so-train of thought by saying I'm disgusted by the amount of dirt on that site. It's disreputable. 
So I was meandering through their pages of pictures, typing in some of my favorite things and finding lovely images to go with them, and this is what I ended up with (besides a whole new folder on computer entirely dedicated to last night's random findings).
It's also going to be entirely too obvious what all I had on my brain.
*
 *
Ahhh, Seattle. As much as I'm favoring the idea of an East Coast life, I will say I would always prefer my beautiful Northern West Coast. I love the fog and overcast days, and the inexplicable beauty of it all. 
*
 *
I love park benches. I'm not too keen on the idea of ever entering wedlock, but a girlish fantasy/daydream of mine has always been being proposed to as I sat on some quaint, old park bench, much like this.
*
 *
Tea.
Tea tea tea.
TEA. 
Yus.
*
 *
This is what- last night- I wanted my morning-today- to resemble. In a way it did, only with more sun, less pastry, and some strawberries in my cereal. 
I think fresh fruit in cereal accompanied by a cup of hot tea for breakfast may be the key to having a happy day, because it always seems to work for me!
*
 *
MOAR TEA.
*
 *
Is this not the sweetest little cafe you've ever seen? I love the colours here.
*
 *
If I weren't working tomorrow, I would wake up early anyway and go to the local farmer's market. I love farmer's markets. There's something about them that makes me happy and glow-y. I love bartering with the sellers, telling stories, and drinking strong coffee. And the smells and smiles both given and received are so priceless, that I'm sure that no matter how much you spend, you get more than you paid for.  
*
 *
This looks so yummy. 
Especially the tea. 
*
 *
This is far too girly, but I adore it anyway.
*
 *
I don't know why, but whenever I come across this picture I always cough up a lung in laughter. Something about these two very posh ladies gossiping over tea while completely ignoring the fact that they have a couple of large box-like objects adorned with flowers and tulle on their heads is...enough to make me bust a gut.
*
 *
Whoever gets me this mug, I will marry and love for the rest of my life.
Unless that person is a fellow-female. Then I'll just dedicate myself to a life of servitude or become your Ladie's Maid or something. 
Either way, I need need need this. 
*
 *
This makes me happy. 
*
 *
As does this. 
But it makes me happy in a more "I'm smiling from ear to ear" kind of way.
*
 *
I am currently a little miffed at Starbucks (and large chain coffee shops in general) at the moment. 
They've practically driven so many great independent joints out of business, it's simply not fair. 
Well, I don't know if it's just Starbucks or Starbucks plus the bad economy, but my favoritest of favorite coffee shops- the Library Coffee House- is going out of business on the day I graduate. They have lost so much money and are continuing to do so, that they have to close. This breaks my heart because it's an extremely special place to me, and I spend a lot of time reading, knitting, or just plain hanging out there, and I have a lot of friends who do so too. It's just so sad to see such an amazing, atmospheric place go under. I feel so bad for the independent market right now.
As it is, it is so hard to hate Starbucks the longer I stare at these drinks. Caramel Macchiato anyone?
*
 *
Love the feeling of this one.
*
 *
Welcome to my life.
*
 *
I love blossoming trees, especially cherry blossoms. I would love to grow them someday. 
*
 *
I don't really care for birthday/graduation/etc. parties.
It mostly has to do with the fact that I don't like all of the attention to be on me- I hate it, actually. 
However, I realized when I saw this picture that it also has to do with the fact that I never really like the parties themselves. Mostly because all the one's I've had were planned by others.
But if my party looked like this?
I'd love every second of it.
*
*
Well, that's enough randomness for now. 
I'm glad blogger is back up and running, and I can't wait to spend the rest of today wandering around town on my own two feet. 
By the way, I just realized that many of you probably don't have a good idea of what on earth I even look like, so here's a picture of The Gypsy as she's about to go a-roaming. 
*
*
Hmmm, not my best look, but a look none-the-less.
Cheerio all you bloggity-bloggers, and I hope your day is as bright and beautiful as mine!

2 comments:

Emily Rose said...

I love the mug! That is a wonderful idea.:)

Grace said...

Me too! I'm now on a hunt for one- it'll probably end up being outrageously expensive, and I'll have to dedicate an entire savings account to its purchase. :P