March 16, 2011

Sew What?

It's 7:49 AM. 
I've been awake for almost two hours, cognizant for just over half of that time, and already facing a (dare I say The?) confoosling conundrum for the day: what ought I to do with all this crafty energy I seem to have stumbled upon?
(As a side note, I think this whole daylight savings thing has thrown my internal schedule, chemical balance, and general brain out of wack. I'm waking up early, getting things done, feeling motivated, crafty, and mischievous, being nice, smiling at people- I mean, what is wrong with me?!)
In the past two or three days, I've been hit by terribly strong wave creative energy and inspiration. I've completed two cross stitch patterns (working on my third), been designing and working on templates so I can create some of those nifty lacy cupcake wrappers, perused my knitting patterns for something new to cast on, written out some new cupcake recipes, started collecting the supplies to sew a dress, and contemplated doing a replica of Van Gogh's Starry Night. 
It's exhausting
And, of course, when I first felt the initial crafty-vibes coming on, I inevitably wandered over to Etsy (my usual source for encouraging and inspiring these crafty waves into actual projects) where I have come excessively close to buying many various and wonderful things I really can't afford.

Such as




As it is, these dainties I can resist if I repeat to myself that I could either make them myself, or that I would never actually use them.
However, what is more dangerous are the books.
Or, more specifically, the crafting books.
I can't make the books.
I could (and would) use the books.
And these are the books I'm currently craving and feeling unable to resist.









I'm really really really loving Amy Butler's books and style right now. 
And as to Breeze- I've wanted that glossy book-like magazine since it was released by the talented Kim Hargreaves back in 2009. It's simply that I have trouble justifying the my spending $17-30 on a magazine. 
In any case, I'm very thankful I am about to leave for the dentist (Well, that was a lie: I'm not thankful at all, but my budget is), and then to work for the day. Otherwise, I may buy either one or all of them. As it is, I need you all to comment repeatedly telling me that, No, I am not allowed to buy the books, and to go scrub the kitchen floor, or some such neglected chore. 

Once again I'm feeling very chipper, and it's actually an emotion being encouraged by the steady rainfall outside (rain outside means cupcakes inside later). I hope you are all feeling encouraged and bright today as well, but if not my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope these verses will follow you as well (and by follow, I mean stalk, hang over, and then viciously attack leaving you surprised and encouraged).  

{"...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might."}
Ephesians 6:10

{"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple."}
Psalm 27:4

{"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again, I say, Rejoice."}
Philippians 4:4


8 comments:

KatySue Pillsbury said...

I love that necklace!

Grace said...

ME TOO!!!!
I'm still considering buying it. I just discovered the shop is also selling an armadillo necklace. That's just about the coolest thing in the world! WHO owns an armadillo necklace?!?! Tempting tempting tempting!

Brianne said...

I need to buy something before April rolls 'round... let me know if you buy one, and which one. >:)

mist of the blossom rain said...

I love Amy Butler fabrics, I haven't heard of her book yet. It looks good though!

Grace said...

Oh pish tush, Brianne!!! NOTHING is happening in April (well, beside's Ryan's birthday, and I don't think you'll be getting him one of these books. :P )

Mist: I think you mean "bookS"- she has three or four and has co-authored on one or two as well. I love her fabrics, and I'm thinking about making a duvet pattern she created- my quilt is looking purty sad of late!

Lauren said...

I love that you cross-stitch!! I've been working on a cross-stitch collage for a couple of weeks now, and its just so fun! I feel like it's near impossible to find younger people who cross-stitch though, so it's exciting to hear that you do!
And, uh, Grace...I will TOTALLY be your pen-pal!!!! I've been thinking for a while now, "Oooh I want a blogger pen-pal, but who??" I think it'd be so much fun to send letters back and forth! You'll have to let me know what you think ;)

~Lauren :)

emma wallace said...

I'd love the One-Yard Wonders book! How fun!

And the homemade soaps look divine.

Grace said...

Lauren: HOORAY! I've wanted to ask some blogger-pal for a while now, but was always afraid I'd come across as some sort of creeper. I'm going to post my email addy on here soon, so you can just send me an email and we'll exchange addresses or something. Yay! So 'cited!

Emma: I've seen the One-Yard Wonders book at our library, so I *know* that that one is chock full of good stuff. The Apron book and Sew Serendipity as well. The other ones I've only been able to go through online pictures of. *sigh*