March 3, 2011

It's Good To Be Queen

Good morning, blog world! 
I know, I'm up awfully early blogging, yes? 
No!
You haven't any idea how very hard it was to not do a second post last night, when I finished my cross-stitch cupcake. I could feel my fingers itching! I came so very close to hitting the "new posty" button, but I exercised an excruciating amount of self control, and waited until today. I can't help but feel that two posts in one day is a bit of a blogging faux pas, unless the post is absolutely necessary. 
So, without further ado, here is my cupcake, all finished, backstitched, and ready to be mounted in the halls of my royal boudoir. 



It says "It's Good To Be Queen", which, for some reason, is quite legible and visible in actual life, but I couldn't for the life of me get to show up well on the camera, no matter how I edited it. 


I must say, for someone who hasn't cross-stitched a single sampler in over two years, it looks rather nice. I flatter myself, though, because I believe counted cross-stitch isn't something you forget how to do, much like riding an elephant. Or is it a bicycle? 
Yesterday was full of cupcakes, in the end. 
I made an entire batch of red velvet chocolate cupcakes, complete with a white-chocolate peppermint buttercream frosting. But- wouldn't you know it?- my trusty ancient Wilton frosting gun decided to be un-trusty, and I was left having to use the old metal spatula swirling technique. Although it looks nice, it's not the right style for these cupcakes- a little too homey. It didn't change how delicious the cupcakes were, though!


My younger brother wanted to know if I'm ever going to make an actual cake cake, because "the cupcakes are good and all, but I want a bigger piece." I told him that when I'm the Cupcake Queen, and that if he wanted an actual cake I'd be more than happy to knight him and send him off a-questing to the neighboring kingdom so as to secure the title of Cake King for himself . Then he can make all the cakes himself
He didn't seem to like that idea.
~
*
~
Well, dear people, I busy morning before me, in which I need to finish writing tea party invitations, do some reading and rambling, and then pack off to work. 
I leave you with these parting thoughts from the book of Psalms, and I pray that they guide your day as I hope they will mine.
*
Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength. Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.- Psalm 29: 1-2
*
...my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long- Psalm 35:28
~
*
~

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh...thats beautiful! I love cross-stitching! But I'm not that good at it yet=/ I think I'm going to go make some cupcakes now.;) Those look fabulous! by the way...I'm really enjoying your blog!Its awesome! God bless~

Brianne said...

You have endless talents. :)

And those cupcakes look pretty much PERFECT! Believe it or not, for my wedding I prefer your quaint, delicate looking velvet cuppies to the owlie ones! O.O

Lily said...

It's so pretty!!!! I love the cupcake. (:

~Lily

KatySue Pillsbury said...

Mmm, cupcakes!!!! Your cross stich looks great!

Grace said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed making it, and forgot how much I love cross-stitch. I have a feeling I'll be tackling another project in the near future.

Of course the red velvet taste far better- unless you happen to like the way large quantities of marzipan (what's used to make the owl designs on the owly cupcakes)tastes. I myself don't really care for it. Red velvet makes for cupcake perfection. :D

thekingpin68 said...

'My younger brother wanted to know if I'm ever going to make an actual cake cake...'

Ms. Grace, those do look good.:)

Russ;)