March 7, 2011

Accidental Accents?

So I'm about to commit that blogging faux pas that I so dislike, and post twice in one day. I thought I'd save this until tomorrow, but decided not to wait after all as I would probably not savor the idea quite as much come tomorrow morning. Forgive the messy appearance and the clothes hanging in the background- I just got back from a five mile walk through wet and cold weather, and am not looking quite the thing. 
I also use the words "Um" and "uh" too much. *face palm*
Thank you Brianne for this fabulous idea!
Enjoy!

video


Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught (I add Kitten and Fourteen to the list after I answer the questions).

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

9 comments:

Lily said...

LOVED that!!!! I wouldn't say you have an accent at all {'cause it's the same as mine!!}.

So yeah, that was fun. Enjoy your books!!

~Lily

Julia said...

I loved your answer to the spider one! :D

Polka Dot said...

I loved this. :) You're adorable. And you had lots of different terms than I do... but most of the word pronunciation was the same... except for syrup and pajamas. I say "sir-up" and "pa-jam-uz" (instead of "pa-jahm-as."

Grace said...

*blush*
For a group of people who had to listen to me natter for a good three or four minutes, you all are awfully flattering. Thanks, though!

Spiders are EVIL!!!

I'm VERY excited about the books- I'm about to start "A Pocket Full of Rye", which is one of my favorites. Agatha Christie was an amazing person as well as author. :D

My "pajamas" is more like "PI-jah-ma", but I rewatched it and it does sound like "PA-jah-ma". I think it's from reading so many British books, where it's spelled "pyjama" all the time. :P

KatySue Pillsbury said...

I am totally stealing this! You were very cute and said uh and um a lot less then I'm likely too!

I love Agatha Christy, Miss Marpole more the Piriout, he's a bit too pompus for my taste!=)

Brianne said...

Casey said you had an accent on your vlog... and I was like "Say What?! She does?!"... You don't. x)

mist of the blossom rain said...

Ha ha! Love the questions. Doing the video was a really cool idea!

Grace said...

I should have affected a British/cockney accent! That would have been rich indeed! :D

I don't know- I love Poirot and Miss Marple so much, but for different reasons. I suppose it's based purely on how I'm feeling at the time. Poirot's pompousness is what MAKES him.

Thank you, but it certainly wasn't my idea- I wish it was. Hmmm, I'm going to have to start brainstorming vlog ideas now...

♥Bleah♥Briann♥ said...

Accents are the best. :)

Love your blog! Keep it up.

xx,
Bleah Briann