February 23, 2011

Picnic Dreams

I, for some strange reason, cannot get this yearning for Spring and Summer out of my head!
What has caused it?
Could it be those brief days the other week- the ones that savored so strongly of warm weather, birdsong, and growth? Perhaps it is. Either way, I can't stop thinking about how lovely would it be to set out tomorrow morning, a bright a cheery day, and take a picnic in an obliging field somewhere. 
*sigh*
I wish for nothing else right now. 












(images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)


Of course a picnic wouldn't be complete without cupcakes! And that is exactly the kind of bike I would love to own. I think that may be at the top of my list of things to buy this summer: a shiny, vintage bicycle.

Won't you take a picnic with me?

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.  ~Albert Camus


Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.  ~Sam Keen


To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
~Emily Dickinson

7 comments:

Brianne said...

Yes, please! Picnics are sounding irresistibly delightful right about now when it's about to get chilly again.

And the collected pictures are SO beautiful, Grace!

Ps: Albert Camus is a favorite source of mine for quotes. :D

Ryan said...

Oooh! :D
Can I come!! x)
That'd be so much fun! :)

Grace said...

It would! To take our bikes, strap some picnic baskets to the back (and include some items for a juggling show, mayhaps?) and go out for the day to some obliging field? Sweet perfection!! I'm craving such an outing! *sigh*

Brianne, I'm feeling quite sheepish when I say that this is the first time I've ever used a quote by Albert Camus for anything. >.<

Lily said...

Ah yes, spring can't come soon enough!!!

Thanks for following me, Grace!!! I am returning the favor, and I already LOVE your blog!!! Can't wait to get to 'know' you more!!! *wink wink*

Love always,
~Lily

Brianne said...

All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant's revolving door.

and...

We are all special cases.

Those are my two favorites.

AND YES! Ryan. You hafta come! :)

Lauren said...

Hey Grace! Thanks for stopping by my blog; yours is adorable ;D
And oh, I understand all too well! I am so beyond ready for spring, and tired of the cold and snow! I cannot wait until it's finally nice outside again ;)

~Lauren :)

Rick Bayless said...

Hi all,

Really, you have created a nice site. All pictures are looking so beautiful and amazing also. What a great idea! Keep it up always.

Picnic Baskets