February 25, 2011

Fancy Friday: Rosamund Pike

Good morning bloggers, and welcome to this week's edition of Fancy Friday. Today's leading lady? None other than the beautiful Rosamund Pike. 
Rosamund pike is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. She always seems to be looking adorable, have perfect hair, and sporting that sweet, demure look of hers. It should be mentioned, however, that she was excessively hard to find good pictures of. Nearly all of her photo shoots involve being scantily clad and looking quite "come hither". That aside, she has the vintage look down to a tee, and I adored her performance as Helen in An Education. She also was a near perfect Jane Bennet- shy, reserved, unfailingly sweet and a bit naive- in Pride and Prejudice. But her first slot in a real film was as one of James Bond's (many) leading ladies. 
As with most British actors and actresses, she has been in quite a few BBC and Masterpiece productions- I first saw her as Lady Harriet in Wives and Daughters. Her love for the stage and drama keeps her at the top of my list of favorite actresses.













Rosamund's other accomplishments include a fluent knowledge of the French and German languages, as well as being an excellent cellist and lover of English literature. 

She also is the only person I know who manages to look only a slightly ridiculous while holding large, black birds.


Okay, so maybe it's a little more than just slightly ridiculous.
~
*
~
*
Other News Includes...

...The fact that I'm nearly done with high school!
In case you didn't know this, I am homeschooled. 
I love being homeschooled.
I adore it.
I am, and always have been, so thankful to my parents for educating me at home. It has provided me with ample opportunities to do many varied and wonderful things that public schoolers cannot boast of.
Growing up, I could never understand why all the children my age that went to a public school didn't like learning. I would always hear talk about how much they disliked school, thought it was boring, etc. It would be a few years before I began to understand the difference between an environment that encourages curiosity and learning, vs. an environment that squelches it nearly entirely.
People seem to think that homeschoolers are either extremely smart and nerdy, or that they get to sleep in, and lounge around in their pajamas all day. This is not so.
We were (and still are) woken up at 6:00 to 6:30 AM each morning, prompted to get dressed, and then gathered around the table for a family Bible time and breakfast. The rest of the day would be filled with assignments, reading, fun, and whatever else the day happened to provide. 
And we did it all voluntarily.
Okay. Except math.
We (or I) did everything but math voluntarily. 
Of the many blessings of a home education, I'd have to say that the ability to worship God and pursue His Word on a daily basis was the greatest. Not for one minute would our "religious practices" been acceptable at a public or even a private school. 
These days are now drawing to a close as I finish up one "phase" of my educated life and look to the future, wishing to enter into it nobly and with honor, always seeking wisdom and endorsing the just and the good.

HAHAHAHAHA!

That was funny.
If I ever start acting like the above, please, let me know and I will seek mental help and therapy. Not that there's much danger of my ever becoming a noble, rational adult. Just a strange, slightly skewed one. 

What are my plans, you ask?
For now, I hope to make it to the great and glorious stage as a musical theater major. I am aware and prepared for the six to eight years of grueling college and hard work ahead of me, but I'm utterly excited too. 
No, I have no plans to wander down Broadway- one of the smaller theater groups in Seattle or some such place is the only real long-time goal I have for now. Wherever God leads, I am willing to follow (unless it's through a bunch of spiders. I may have some trouble being a willing follower in that case. And clowns- I have a strong dislike for clowns.) 

Now, I have to go and start my last assignment- a seven to ten page term paper on a particular aspect of a famous author- subject and author yet to be chosen. This will involve my trudging through some two or three miles (both ways) to the library to do some research. I somehow always end up spending at least an hour or two in the library, so I will bid you all adieu and I hope you all have an excessively Fancy Friday.

5 comments:

Lily said...

I LOVED Rosamund in Pride and Prejudice!! I haven't seen her in anything else, though. (:

Ha, being homeschooled rocks! And I'm totally with you on the math thing. *yucky face*

~Lily

Grace said...

Wives and Daughters is a GREAT movie, even if her part is small. I have a love/hate relationship with the movie "An Education". While it's well done and acted, there is questionable content. However, the moral of the story is that there is a price for every education, no matter the "topic", and it must be paid no matter the cost. I don't want to give away any more details, though. ;)

Math is a *major* yucky face. Thankfully I finished my last class last night! I'm FREE!

Brianne said...

Rosamund Pike is stunning. Why can't I remember her in Wives and Daughters? I suppose it's been too long since I begged it off of Melinda.

And CONGRATS on being done with Math!! *deeeep breath* for you!

Grace said...

She plays a VERY small part in Wives and Daughters. She's lady Cumnor's daughter, and befriends Molly before the wedding, but doesn't reappear until towards the end of the show.

I hope you are able to finish up soon! I just need to write this silly term paper. Gr.

Chloe~Jane said...

Hello,
I just thought I would let you know that I love your blog! It is so encouraging and inspiring.
Love In Christ,
Chloe~Jane
P.S Here is my blog:
http://lovinglife777.blogspot.com/