January 30, 2011

A Passing Afternoon

It seems I couldn't stay away until Monday- my writing bug seems to be acting up today. It doesn't matter what I'm putting to paper (or webpage, as the case may be), as long as I'm writing something. There will be a few miles of walking later this afternoon, I just need to wait for my Zune to charge before I embark on my ramblings- I never wander without my favorite poetry being crooned in my ears, courtesy of the Classic Poetry Aloud podcast.

In the meantime, I find myself wandering back to a year ago- how long ago that seems!- and what has transpired since then. It's amazing how different the journey seems when you look back on it and compare it to how it felt during the process. I try never to regret things, and there have been some invaluable lessons learned, but if I could do it all over again there are a great many things that I would change. I wouldn't trade most of it for all the gold and books in the world, but these things are so small compared to the great mistakes I've made. This leads me to wondering how different I would be today had my path changed or been different. Would I be for the better, or for the worse? Sometimes I hardly think I could get any worse, but there is always room for improvement. And mere improvement is the one thing that we will never be satisfied with.

These musings are brought to you by Iron & Wine ( Passing Afternoon being what is currently floating through my speakers to melt my ears)...

...who, although he is great of both talent and beard, will never match the great William Fitzsimmons. Well, not in the category of facial hair, at least.


It would appear that my Zune (Zhena) is now well-fed enough to attempt some gypsying adventures in the cold outdoors. I don't have any matters of pressing importance to do for the rest of the day, so I very well might stay out of doors until nine this evening, when the new episode of Downton Abbey (one of the only things I watch on the telly- British and a Masterpiece Theater production, of course!) airs. I also have today's sermon to muse upon as well, and a great many other things swimming through that head of mine, doomed never to escape (and you'd better pray that they don't: the world would be a much stranger place). Until next time!

2 comments:

Blondie said...

I can't believe I'm just now finding your blog honey! I am following you now! I love it! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments on my post today. I have 4-5 other great guest posts coming up, so you will have to visit again! Hope you have a fabulous day! Kori xoxo

Grace said...

Awww, you just made my day! I'll be keeping a weather eye out for those lovely "Love" posts. :)