January 28, 2011

Fancy Friday : Bryce Dallas Howard

Good Friday morning, lovely people, and welcome to this week's edition of Fancy Friday (complete with fresh, home made lemon cookies- yum!) I have been thoroughly remiss in my blogging duties this week, much to my chagrin, but I'm particularly excited about today's leading lady.

Meet Bryce Dallas Howard.


Known for such roles as Ivy Walker in M. Night Shyamalan's suspense masterpiece The Village, a small part in the third Spiderman film, the sultry redhead Victoria in the Twilight Saga (don't waste your time on this series, kids- there are better things to do with your time and more entertaining ways to waste it as well), and- my favorite- the clever and witty Rosalind in As You Like It, she has made a small yet well-earned name for herself. Her latest claim to fame, however, is as the new Kate Spade spokesperson and model. With her brilliant red hair, stunning looks, and overall sunny personality, she absolutely shines in their 2011 Spring/Summer look, and proves that redheads really can wear pink.






But for what it's worth, fame really does run in the family. Bryce is daughter to director/producer Ron Howard, who has produced and directed many movies such as A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, Frost/Nixon, The Da Vinci Code, Apollo 13, and the upcoming J. Edgar. However, I hardly think it's fair to say she's coasted on her father's fame. On the contrary- I think she's done very well for herself using her talent alone, and I can't wait to see where this fancy lady goes next.

If ever I were to buy a dress from Kate Spade, this would be the one. I'm completely in love with the colors, the classic cut and look, and that adorable bow.

Well, beloved fancy readers, I have a full day's work ahead of me- classes not included- and a wonderful day off tomorrow. I never have Saturdays off of work, so I'm delighted about all that tomorrow holds.

"What does it hold?" you may ask?

Why, only the best of things.



                                                   Above picture borrowed from Celine at Bounjour 




                Isn't that butterfly bookmark just the cutest? I got it from Brianne and now it's my favorite bookmark!





This tea is wonderful, by the way. When you add a little honey and a splash of milk, it tastes exactly like the perfect aromatic slice of red velvet cake.
Well, my lovelies, I hope you all have a fabulous day, and read lots of good books, listen to lots of lovely music, and see lots of beautiful things this weekend. Have a fantastic Fancy Friday! Cheerio!

6 comments:

Bri said...

Bryce Dallas Howard is one of my favorites! Right up there with Liam Neeson, Sean Bean, Hugh Laurie and Honeysuckle Weeks! Very good choice for Fancy Friday, too... none of the others I just mentioned are characteristically fancy in any way. ;)

Sigh. I love Fancy Friday. :D I kind of adopted an alliteration on my blog Wednesday morning... did you see that? I mentioned you, as always, haha!

I've tried that tea before... I just know it. Hmm... is it available at World Market? I think that's where we snagged some awhile ago. I hope your tomorrow is simply beautiful!

Bri said...

Also, to comment on your pick of Kate Spade dresses, I love the pockets!! Pockets are the best. ^_^

Grace said...

She is SO fancy- and beautiful!! It's kind of hard to look at her and not be jealous. Great jumping porcupines, but it can get so hard to remember to be lovely on the INSIDE first and foremost. Pedicures come right after, though. ;)

And I LOVED you newest blog post! And the new layout. Every time you redecorate, it's even better (and cuter) than the last time.

It's a great tea- I couldn't find it at world market, so I opted for buying it online. They have a whole line of dessert flavored teas. YUM. And I love most everything Kate Spade- it's so classic and feminine, and I can find similar fabrics and patterns so I can make them myself. Two words: pockets, and buttons.

And is it entirely strange, seeing my super-duper girly side come out? I've been indulging that bit of me more and more lately...

Bri said...

I know! I am stupefied by her beautiful pale skin and the contrast of her bright hair... she's gorgeous. And talented!

That is such a hard thing to remember as a human being living in a human world... everything tangible and physical is a breeze to focus on, but the most important, inner, spiritual matters are swept aside so easily... a truly Christian way of looking at things is rare.

I'm glad you liked it! I can't seem to stop doodling it up...

Hm. I wonder what I'm remembering then, if it wasn't at WM... I should just get some either way. Mmmm. :)

Amen to buttons!

Your girly side is just another lovely facet of you that I enjoy to the utmost! You are so... eclectic in your tastes. That is AWESOME. And I have a super-girly "fancy" side too.

Katerina said...

Hi Grace!
What a wonderful collection of photos!
Mmmm, the tea sounds yummy, I think I'd like to try this one...

Katerina from
http://happymummysworld.blogspot.com/

Grace said...

You definitely should. Also, look into Zhena's gypsy tea- it's one of my favorite brands, and they make a coconut chai that is divine.

It's lovely to meet you Katerina- I love your blog! :)