December 29, 2010

Oops...

Well here I am, behind once again. Although, I do believe, I am much too far behind to reasonably catch up. So I will here end this photo challenge and announce it a failure on my part. It all started with a nasty cold, and then a church play, and then this Christmas Holiday thing (I mean, come on, what's up with that?! Even if it does mean easier access to peppermint sticks). Oh woe is me and my despairingly short attention span (not to mention procrastinating habits). Dear readers, have you entirely given up on me? Just a little? Admit it, have you been doubting yourself more and more every time you think about checking up on me and my ramblings? If not, then I think it's time you went and got a CAT scan, or saw a psychiatrist, or took a nap, or something. In the meantime, I'll call you loyal and feel a little better about myself for just a short while longer.

However, it is now time to review the Holiday Season-that wonderful Christmas time- and what I've done, learned, eaten, and mused upon, and to talk your ear off about all the stuff I got.

Or something like that.

Let me start by asking you how your Christmas was. How was it? Hot? Cold? Wonderful? Humbug? I want all the fabulous (or gory) details, and no scrimping! Tell me all about the succulent turkey and the scrumdiddlyumptious pumpkin pie. I want to hear about the excitement of opening presents, that sluggish, happy feeling you had as you prepared and ate breakfast at a leisurely pace with your family. Did you sing carols? Watch movies? Burn the food? What happened this year that will live on in your family's infamy as "That one time at Christmas"?

My Christmas was glumptious. It was splendiferous. It was whippsy-whoppsy, whiffling, jumbly, hopscotchy, gloriumptiousness.
As you can tell, one of the gifts I got is a Roald Dahl book collection. I stayed up until about 3 AM that night reading a few of his books, and I rediscovered how much I love The BFG.

As to great family stories, I don't think I have any this year. We were all very glad to be together, and spent the entire day eating, cooking, relaxing, and loafing around. I also got my father to watch Planet Earth, and was more than correct in my belief that he would enjoy it. He thoroughly loved the episode on deserts. I also took him to see the new True Grit for his birthday on the 27th. Let me just say that if you want to see an amazing movie, then True Grit is the one to watch. The Coen Brothers need to direct every movie from now on.

I've been trying to enjoy the rest of my holiday break before I have to refocus on school and graduating. Although this mostly means loitering around on the internet/blogworld, I've been able to spend my Barnes and Noble gift cards (mostly crafting books and a couple of Joan Bauer novels. I'll post some pictures and reviews on the craft books when I get a chance to go through them), and I also discovered one of my new favorite blogs. Dottie Angel (run by the British and charming Tif), is a shabby-chic meets retro-darling craft and creativity central. Reading her posts and looking at her pictures is like eating the perfect French croissant: light and fluffy, sense-indulging, and absolutely delightful. I found her via Etsy a few weeks ago, and have been an avid reader ever since.

I've also been doodling around with a couple pictures. My latest and favorite is a shot of the space needle my dearest friend Breezy took this past summer. I tinkered around with it a few times, and these are my favorite out of the five different results. *sigh* I love and miss Seattle so much- editing photos of it just doesn't seem to satisfy my urgent craving to travel there.





Well I've run out of time (again) and need to stop here. I'm going to get my senior shots taken in a few days, and as soon as they are taken and edited by the fabulous Savannah Tally, I will post a few here. I also can't wait to get my hands on my new books and start knitting and crafting. Be back soon!

9 comments:

Bri said...

Okay... That was an awesome blog post. Jus' sayin'. I wanted to say that you and Ryan in BODO was my Christmas this year- albeit a little belated and brief, still lovely.

Roald Dahl. Memories from gradeschool. ^_^

AND AHHH! I love your edits of the Needle! Better than my official edit. :P :D

Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this web page is really pleasant and the viewers are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.

My web page: password cracker

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the
favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my web site!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Also visit my web-site ... minecraft hack

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every bit of it.
I've got you book marked to check out new stuff you post…

Also visit my blog free premium minecraft account

Anonymous said...

If you desire to grow your knowledge simply
keep visiting this web site and be updated with the newest
gossip posted here.

my web site: PSN Code

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

My web page :: online playstation network code generator

Anonymous said...

Hello, constantly i used to check web site posts here early in the break of day, as i love to learn more and more.


my webpage - webpage

Anonymous said...

This is my first time go to see at here and i am
really impressed to read all at single place.

Review my page: minecraft recepies

Anonymous said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I quite
enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark
your blog and will often come back later on.
I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice morning!


Also visit my page; free 20 psn code