December 5, 2010

Day Seven or Rags To Riches

Day 7: A picture of your most treasured item.

This was another no-brainer. It's also another book, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's probably the greatest non-fiction work to be found.
My greatest treasure is my Bible. In today's society, it might hard to think of something so widely distributed and easily available as The Bible as something to be treasured. However, this book is the divine word of God (reason enough to treasure it), and the rope that ties me to my Anchor- Jesus Christ: it is also a treasure because I know that this book- so easily procured for us- is an item much sought-after and yearned for by others far less fortunate than I. It is still not uncommon to hear tales of poor and needy people in other countries working for many years and going long distances to obtain one of these. I am truly blessed to have it, and am even more blessed to be able to practice my faith openly, and without fear of oppression.


I will say, though, that this book is a definite second, might even have competed with the first for a minute or two in my mind. Let's just call it first in the category of fiction...




1 comment:

Bri said...

YESSS! for the Bible, and YES! for Oscar! :D

It's interesting how our indelible humanity shows itself in even our preference of our own amoral possessions. I have a mental battle nearly every time I'm asked what my favorite book is, actually, but when I devote more thought to the question, the Creator's declaration of love to His creation wins out every time.