November 17, 2010

Pumpkin Time!

When it comes to cooking in the October and November portion of Fall, one of the first things that comes to mind is pumpkin (the first thing that comes to my mind is giant pink elephant, but this is beside the point). Pumpkin pie, pumpkin mash, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin tea! Pumpkin. So, naturally, when the first chance to use pumpkin came my way, I seized it with eager, flour covered hands. After perusing the Internet for a recipe, I finally came across this one for pumpkin cookies, which, while being delicious, could use some tweaking. In my case I added some dried cranberries, although I would suggest some extra sugar (maybe even a little brown sugar) as well- the cookies aren't quite as sweet as I would like, and for the real sweet tooth they wouldn't be nearly sugary enough. However, I'll let you be the judge. Here are some shots I took during today's cooking session.



And best part about this recipe? The super-duper, very easy cleanup. :)


Not only do these cookies taste great, but my kitchen smells ah-mazing, despite the fact that there are a couple of smelly teenage boys and two small children milling around the premises (At this rate my next blog post will probably be about my adventures in trying to persuade my siblings that good hygiene is not, in fact, of The Dark Side. That, and they're far more likely to get a cookie out of me than Darth Vader. And mine are almost guaranteed to be tastier ). In the mean time, I have every intention of enjoying this rather lovely cup of pumpkin tea (courtesy of Zhena's Gypsy Tea) and then going for a long, three mile walk.
Oh! I almost forgot! I have big plans of hooliganry and adventure tomorrow with my fellow MissFit and favorite Drifter of a best friend, Grace Sterling. We're going on rampage in Boise and out towards Mountain Home, and our plans include ice skating, puddle-jumping, movie-going, and mischief-making. There will also be laughing and pictures that I hope to get up here, but I'm writing this mostly as fair warning to all readers in the Greater Boise Area - we're coming. *evil laugh*.

1 comment:

Bri said...

YES!! Pumpkin-ness!!! :D

And... *sniffle* I miss hooliganry. :'(
Sounds- and looks!- like it was an amazing and sscandalous time for you two.